Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Somebody Please Come Sit Me On My Horse

And if you could tack her up first, that would be wonderful!

It is so hard to be motivated to ride my own horses after spending all day at the barn caring for other peoples' horses and teaching other people (even miniature ones) how to ride. By the time 530 rolls around and I've chased all the munchkins away, I just want to go home and it's hard to be motivated to catch up Too, tack her up, get something accomplished, and maybe make it home in time to grab something from a fast food joint for supper, take a shower, and fall into bed. Some mornings I'm able to drag myself out of bed early so I can ride before work, but then I'm pooped before my day is halfway through.

I think the lesson in this is that I just have to drink more coffee. Or start taking stimulants.

I'm kidding. I think.

Sometimes I'm lucky and don't have a student on a day when I can ride with BO's lessons. That is usually once a week. I try to get out of bed on Tuesdays to ride in the morning, and always make it on Fridays to ride... But what am I accomplishing riding three days a week? I have got to become motivated if I want things to change. So if any of you have a cattle prod and want to chase me in the general direction of my horse and saddle...

Since I have not ridden but once since my last post, I'll continue my journey with the photos I do have since the last post. Those were beginning/mid February. These photos are March 16. Keep in mind, I'm going to do my best to show a lot of humiliating photos, and be skimpy on the good photos. I want to SHOW myself and all of you what I need to work on...but maybe still throw in a good one in the interest of keeping my self esteem away from the worms.

The things I see that she and I need work on:

Her: Idiot tendencies. Getting fewer and further between as she trusts me more. But she just HAD to make sure this chair was not a North American Mare Eating Serpent.

Me: First and foremost, the thing that makes me want to weep on the floor when I see pictures of me doing it: This godawful chairseat with the archy back and my whole entire butt touching the saddle in places that it should never touch, in the "sit" stage of posting. I do not have this problem while sitting the trot; instead I just look like a defeated wiggly earthworm.

Me: Shoulders down and back, elbows bent and at my sides, thumbs up...you know, the basics. Right shoulder doesn't look too crazy here. Her: The time of plowing through my hands is OVER, biatch!

Me: Speaking of the right shoulder...

That's all fine and dandy; I have been making myself sit straight in the car, rolling my shoulders down and back, and I feel like it's helping my posture regardless. As long as I can remember to keep my legs under me, I think we will be able to fix the trot right sharpish.

Moving on to bigger and more horrifying things... the canter.

THAT. What is THAT? Arched back, crotch a mile in front of my base of support, floaty hands because I feel like I'm being light and speshul with her face... (You, with the cattle prod, you can use it on me for this as well. Just zap me backwards please.)

Must learn to support horse around corners (actually, support horse in general) so she does not drop her shoulder like this.

Twisting? Who, me? What twist?

Her: Work on furthering THIS. This is relatively round and collected for her right now, and I notice I'm riding her better when I am able to get her better collected.

I don't want to be a chicken, I don't want to be a duck, so kiss my butt! *clap*clap*clap*

(This picture refuses to upload the correct way, so screw it)
Sitting marginally better, but still, shoulders, and hands are blocking.

And some miscellaneous areas for improvement:
(Okay, someone tell me how to stop this from happening!)
Dear Seester Photographer Who Is Actually Quite Good For Not Being Horsey (to be known as Seester from here on out): Get the good stuff when I'm not behind things. bahaha

And um...just...don't do a whole lot of this until we are magically better at it. Kay.

That's all for now! Hopefully the next post won't be so utterly pointless. But since I don't have cookies, here is a random Too and I video:














No comments:

Post a Comment