Saturday, September 22, 2012

Because I AM Dorky enough to Celebrate My Horserversary. Every Year.

I know, I know. I am such a sap/dork/weirdo/dope. But on this day eight years ago, I was having a hard time falling asleep because my first horse would be arriving at my new barn the next afternoon. I don't even know how I made it through the school day.

Neither one of us was perfect, and at the time we probably weren't the smartest match for the other. He needed either someone with a deathwish, or someone with more knowledge than I could provide, and I really just had no idea what I was doing.

But it worked out. Better than anything in my life ever has. That bright-eyed Arab has become my best friend and soul mate. He is my ATV and ambulance, my compass and my heart. He changed the path of my life, he saved me, and he gives me joy every day. I am so thankful and blessed to have him. Here's to another twenty more years.

The infamous fatness picture.
 
The things he puts up with...
 
 
His goofy, engaging personality...
 
 
He makes my heart shine.
 
Our own version of high fives.
 
I love my kid.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment