Sunday, May 27, 2012

Well This Sucks

Have I mentioned I hate change?

It is hard watching many of the people who have boarded at my barn take their (and "my") babies to new barns. One of the girls I was closest with took her fat orange horse to a barn down the road today, and that was the hardest one. I'm trying not to be too upset over any of them, since I am not staying long term myself...as a matter of fact, this is my last full week of work at this barn. Come next Monday, I start my new job at an eventing barn a little further away. I'm very excited, since I always loved taking Marco to shows at this place, and they have a wonderful property for getting a horse fit, and do a lot of clinics. I'll be bringing Tuesday out there in a few weeks, hopefully. I told the new BO at my current barn I would stay for a short transitional period, give him time to find someone to replace me on the one (or two) days a week he was going to keep me, and then I'm taking my toys and going to go play somewhere else. Of course, it seems "I'll stay for a short transitional period" translated into "I'll stay indefinitely and of COURSE I'll work a day or two a week for you; who cares if I have a full time job somewhere else and would also like to have a life!" which has me more than a little annoyed...but soon enough...soon enough.

Benny is actually going to his new home tomorrow. I am pretty excited. It's a small private farm with five other horses, including a cute fat little Arabian named Zaki who will be his pasture buddy. They are going to be such a pair. I'm looking forward to hitting the trails with him, and so happy he gets to relax for a while. I will probably end up selling Tooey in a year or so, though; I only needed a second horse because I thought Benny was going to be an indentured lesson pony forever, and now that he gets to retire and be my horse again, I can't justify keeping her long term. Hopefully I can really whip her into shape out at the new place; there is a wonderful mile-long cross country course set up and down hills, and I think she will be a muscular beast in no time. We shall see...

This is a relatively pointless post...there is so much I want to say. It's been a pretty difficult and depressing few weeks for me, though, and there will NEVER be enough to say to my friends. It's been a wonderful ride. I already miss all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment