Sunday, July 22, 2012

Back to Work, Benjamin

So my new boss and I went and picked Benny up last Sunday and brought him to the barn. He loaded and travelled pretty well; there was a little crying with Zaki, especially since Zaki acted sort of happy to be shot of him and ran off into the sunset once Ben was shut into the trailer. Poor Ben.

Bye bye, buddy...

He is already behaving himself so much better. At first he was calling and looking around when he was in the barn, but I've ridden him four times since he got here and today he was absolutely quiet and chilled out. He wants to hurry away from me at the gate to go to his new buddies; he's teamed up with a big paint named Lamb, but at least he isn't neurotic about it, and he can work without falling apart. After a couple of days, I can canter him on the buckle again. He still needs to work on not falling shoulder-first through corners, but I believe that to be a symptom of years of teaching beginners. Ditto accepting the bit. I am so happy to have him nearby all day again. It feels complete now.

Beyond that, I feel much too lazy to write anything else, so here's some pictures from today's ride! Thank you Boyfrand for the great pictures!

We are just oh so silly

bah shoulder. I HAVE been working on it, I swear!

Very cheerful about this extending the trot thing...

Doop de doop de doop

WHOA, A JUMP!

bah me

Snuck a "big" jump in on him, hee hee!

Not so lucky on the second fence, ah hahaha

Oh chicken pants

So cute

Getting our confidence back and chilling out




The end!





No comments:

Post a Comment