Thursday, August 16, 2012

Well hewwo!

It's been a while! I haven't had much to update at all since the last one. Benny went lame two days after that last post, when a case of scratches on three legs got particularly bad, so we've been battling that for a few weeks. He is finally sound and back to work, and I am taking him to a local dressage show next month, where we will continue to do our thing as ambassador for western dressage. If I can get my butt to sit down in the western saddle at the canter. His aunt The Dressage Queen visited from Florida last week, and he was predictably grumpy about having to work, but at least he got a beautiful halter out of the deal!
He can accept anything as long as he looks fabulous.

Except the scary ball that moves with a mind of its own and therefore is a threat to Bennykind.

He is definitely not planning climbing under that...at least, not while I'm sitting there.

Having him around all day has been wonderful, though. I missed him so much when he was at my friends' place. I have to hear that happy voice repeatedly throughout the day, or something just isn't right in my world. Sometimes I think he likes having me around, too.

Miss Mare is doing all right, too. I can't say I've been riding her enough! I'll get on her in the morning and see where we are (besides up for sale on equine.com as of last night :(  ) I think I've given up on her mane; it keeps switching directions and turned back into a long fluffy afro after I pulled it the last time, so WHATEVER, girlfriend, be a hot mess! I really enjoyed having my friend The Dressage Queen get on her; it was great to see the mare look so wonderful and get closer to her potential with a competent rider on her.

 
Although TDQ did yelp the first strides of canter.

The stride this little gal has just amazes me.


I think I'm going to copy and paste my own face onto this one, okay?

Hopefully I'll have a more worthwhile and verbose update soon!




No comments:

Post a Comment